September 23, 2009

Holiday-studded week

Now we have a holiday-studded week this week (5 days off from September 19th to 23rd) . Many people are going out, and everywhere is so crowded. I hate the places with so many people, so it is the best to stay home, watching DVDs and relax!

Poted by BUNTA

September 15, 2009

Food, Food, Food!


Yes, I do♪


Daddy always gives me something while he is eating, so I'm more desperate with him, but I am 99% sure that Mom wouldn't give me anything while she is eating. However, I will always be prepared for the rest of 1 %!!


September 14, 2009

Oharano Shrine

We went to Oharano Shrine, which is about 10 minites ride from our place.

Japanese shrines usuallyl have 2 or 3 gates (or "Torii" in Jpanese). This is the first Torii.

This one is the second Torii. You can see "Shimenawa" (or lengths of braided rice straw rope) on the Torii, indicating that inside of this gate is sacred area where gods (or goddes) are.

This is a pond. Japanese temples usually have a pond to enjoy the view.

This is the third Torii.

In front of the third Torii, there is a place you wash your hands and mouth. All visiters are to rinse their hands and mouth to purify our body before we pray to a god.

This is guardian deer. Japanese shrines or temples usually have a pair of guardian dogs placed at each side of a shrine or temple entrance; believed to ward off evil spirits. This shrine is unique that the guardian figures are deer, instead of dogs. This is because this shrine is derived from the Kasuga Shrine, which is located in the city of Nara and one of the most famouse shrines in Japan, and it is believed that deer are the messanger of gods of the Kasuga Shrine. (Kasuga shrine is famouse for tame deer roaming free aroud the Nara park.)

This is a hall of worship, the place you pray for gods. Inside of the building, the gods are enshrined.

This is the place you tie a fortune telling paper. In Japan, it is a custom that if the prediction is bad, you fold up the fortune telling paper and attach it to a tree in the temple or shrine, and if the prediction is good, you keep it in your purse for the good luck.

Have you enjoyed my guiding the temple??


We are here for fishing!

While dad enjoys fishing, Mom and I go for a walk and enjoy the sound of nature to relax!

After a couple of hours, what dad brought us is・・・
A crab! wow!!

September 9, 2009

Nontan is my best friend!

Nontan is a 5 year old Golden Retreiver,
and my very best friend.

In case you are wondering・・・

He is a boy!!


September 4, 2009

5th Anniversary

Today is the day Bunta became a member of my family.

I remember that day as if it were yesterday.

About 2 weeks before he came to our home, I saw his photo (3 month old puppy) at a French Bulldog shop and couldn't stop thinking about him because he was too adorable. Something was telling me that I had to see him, otherwise I would regret for the rest of my life. A week later I met him at the shop and I had a strong conviction that he was born to be a member of our family!!

When he was a puppy, we had a hard time to understand each other. Though he was an angel when he was sleeping, he was a monster whenever he was awake. It took me too much time to teach him where to pee, not to chew things, what was good or bad and how to behave. He was naughty enough to drive me crazy all the time, but at the same time, he taught me so many things which was very important to us.

After a puppy war period, now we understand each other very well!!

September 1, 2009

Hello, Kitty!

I know she is gonna be upset, but I just can't help it! It's doggies' nature. But we are getting along with each other.